Lehigh University (Bethlehem, PA)
- Major: Journalism/Communications
- Minor(s): International Relations, Sociology
The Taft School (Watertown, CT)
- Honor Roll
Newtown High School (Newtown, CT)
- High Honor Roll
Rodale Inc. (Internship)
- Attended editorial meetings, pitched story ideas for online website
- Completed reporting and writing assignments (e.g. slideshows and promotional pieces)
- Conducted interviews in person, over the phone and through email
- Assisted with editorial need, such as fact-checking and updating the company’s website
The Newtown Bee Reporter (Internship)
- Attended various local events, interviewed residents, wrote a number of articles on deadlines and took photos relative to stories.
- Skills involved: Interpersonal/ communication skills, meeting a deadline, computer skills, photography skills, writing skills, news writing and interviewing.
Additional Related Skills
- Adobe, Photoshop, iMovie, Twitter, Facebook, WordPress, Microsoft, Final Cut Pro, HTML Coding, Genius, Timeline JS, Google Glass, PowerPoint, Excel
MEMBERSHIPS & LEADERSHIP HONORS:
The Brown and White Associate Editor
- Lehigh’s student newspaper published twice weekly
- Cover assigned athletic events, interview Lehigh
athletes and coaches and write published articles on deadlines.
- Editor position for sports: assign articles and edit
- Attend weekly budget meetings (twice a week)
- Come up with proposals/ideas for potential stories
Alpha Omicron Pi, Lambda Upsilon Chapter
- Help plan events and fundraisers on campus that
support the chapter’s philanthropy (juvenile arthritis).
Lehigh University Women’s Varsity Crew Team
- Placed 2nd at Dad Vail Regatta
- 2-3 hour practices 5-6 days a week
The Taft School Women’s Varsity Soccer Team
- 2011 XARA / CGSCA Team Coach’s Award
The Taft School
- Women’s Varsity Crew Team
- The National Society of High School Scholars
- Dorm Monitor for lower class girls
- Member of the Tour Guide Committee
- Sports Editor for the school’s yearbook
Newtown High School Varsity Soccer
- SWC All-Academic Team
VOLUNTEER & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT:
- Kids for Wish Kids Foundation club member – worked to establish fundraisers for the foundation (2011-2012).
- Taft School Service Trip to Guatemala- worked with the God’s Child Project in Antigua. Activities included building homes, working in homeless shelters and volunteering at the Malnutrition Center (2011).
- The Newtown Scholarship Association, Inc.- assisted at annual golf tournament of non-profit organization to raise money for need based scholarships (2008-2012).
- The Taft School volunteer club member – worked with students to find volunteer opportunities at/near The Taft School such as fundraisers, profit/non-profit walks and runs, and served food at homeless shelters in the area (2009-2012).
- Reading Rocks- read to elementary school students in the Lehigh Valley area, helped them read, write and stay active through games and activities (2013-present).